Refining with Firefox
One software program any optimizer must love is Firefox. Now some might say ‘Why Firefox, it is just a visitor’? Yes, it is a browser, but one that supports a big variety of plugins, a number of them very helpful for seo. Therefore let us see what these plugins are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this really is among the best and most used Firefox seo extensions, and has many resources that make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let us see what it might do:
* in Google it may check for: backlinks, found pages, related pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: indexed pages and backlinks. For extra information, please consider checking out: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/tyler-collins.
* for backlinks, traffic details, Alexa: overview and related sites.
* key-word occurrence of the very used words o-n the site.
If the site is within the directory * DMOZ checker: see.
* look for robots.txt.
* validator to test your page for errors (it uses the validator from www.w3.org).
There are other items, but these are the most important.
2. Search Engine Optimisation Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is another extension I use everyday. If the extension si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will present you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and position information for the URL and anchor text pair. This can be annoying when you are simply searching, but you can simply deactivate it using a right-click!
This might be quickly used to test your search engine rankings for a certain site, and here’s how: write-up a listing with all the keywords and keyphrases that you would like to rank for, and then link these words or phrases towards the web-pages associated with them!
Now everytime you want to always check your rates trigger the Search Engine Optimization Links extension and hover on the links — you will see where your pages come in Google, Yahoo and MSN. Visit company web site to compare where to do this thing.
3. This ideal the link encyclopedia has many dynamite suggestions for where to think over this view. Don’t waste anymore of your valuable screen property simply to find out what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) can sit anywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you’ll receive the important info at-a glance. But this little device can do a lot more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a website has
* checks for backlinks and listed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the file
* keyword thickness record func-tion
* and best of all: the spotlight ‘nofollow’ links will show you what links will be followed by search engine spiders — very helpful when you need to submit your site to a directory and do not know if it will matter from a seo perspective.
So just in case you aren’t using Firefox, go get it! It could be your best friend when it comes to search engine optimization!
Florin Costache writes on the daily search engine optimization weblog for Romanian webmasters, named Optimizare pentru motoarele d-e cautare (a.k.a. Search engine marketing for individuals who do not speak Romanian)..